Site Based Council
All of RSD sites have a Site-Based Council (SBC) in order to facilitate effective shared decision-making. The individual sites determine the organization, member selection criteria, procedures, and goals for their site.
At least fifty percent (50%) of the SBC must be Riverview Education Association (REA) certificated staff. The remaining team members should represent the school community. The Principal/Site Manager is expected to serve on the SBC. The formation of the SBC is a contractual requirement between the Riverview Education Association (REA) union and the Riverview School District.
The SBC meets monthly on Thursday.
- Molly Lutz - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room 1 Teacher - Angie Olson, email@example.com
- Room 2 Teacher - Sammantha Letterman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Room 3 Teacher - Andrew Sprute, email@example.com
- Program Assistant - Jan Neigel, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Educational Assistant - Brooke Swart, email@example.com
- Michelle Chaffin, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Penny Yriondo, email@example.com
- Brooke Swart and Gretchen Harmon (PTA Presidents), firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Interested individuals submit a Letter of Intent in May. The SBC reviews the letters and selects an individual. The terms are for two-years.